A1 vs A2 Milk
Milk contains two proteins, casein and whey. There are different types of casein and one of which is Beta-casein. A1 and A2 Cow Milk Benefits are the variants of it.
- Historically, Cows produced milk that contained only the A2 form of beta-casein. However, a century ago, human intervention caused cows to develop A1 proteins in their milk. This was done to increase the Milk producing capacity of cows.
- All other mammals produce A2 milk, including humans. Today, most of the milk available from the local grocery store contains mostly A1 proteins.
- When A1 protein is digested in the small intestine, it produces a peptide called beta-casomorphin-7 (BCM-7).
BCM-7 : found in A1 milk can cause:
- Neurological impairment : As per study, participants took longer to process information and made more errors on a test after drinking regular milk compared to A2 Cow Milk Gurgaon
- Type1 diabetes: It is an auto immune disease. According to studies, children who consume cow’s milk protein (A1 milk) at an earlier age than others have a higher risk of developing type 1 diabetes.
- Inflammation: In a research, after drinking regular milk, participants had higher levels of inflammatory markers.
- Cancer: Excess intake of calcium might result with increased risk of ovarian cancer in women, high calcium intake from any source can influence the risk of prostate cancer in men.
- Heart disease: As per study, Consuming A1 protein is associated with a higher risk for heart disease as they have increased cholesterol levels. Thus, A2 milk is a natural and safe for drinking.
A2 Milk Benefits:
- Milk fat content: On an average, it contains 4.8% which is higher than that of the normal milk i.e. 3.6%. As it is naturally occurring and support our cell structures, it is considered as a healthy fat.
- Easy digestion: It is comparable to goat’s milk, mother’s milk as it is easily digested. It can also be easily digested by those who are intolerant to lactose.
With amazing nutritional health benefits, A2 milk is exactly the way milk should look, taste and be relished – as nature originally considered.